Partner Visits & Volunteering
Partner visits open people up to a wider sense of the life of God’s Church. It is transforming for those who take part and encouraging for those in the places visited.
Partner visits can be focussed on practical projects such as construction or maintenance, or ministry based, such as working with churches or children.
Get in touch with your State Mission Mobiliser to start your own team or enquire about joining a team.
Opportunities for Volunteering
There are opportunities to volunteer at:
- Ranwadi Church of Christ College, Pentecost, Vanuatu
- Londua Technical College, West Ambae, Vanuatu
For further details contact email@example.com
Teachers needed at Ankoor Children’s Home, India
Ankoor Children’s Home includes the Gnyan Sampada School. They currently take students for Standards 1 to 5 and plan to add a grade each year. The school teaches the children from the Home as well as others from poor backgrounds in the local community.
The school would really benefit from someone who could volunteer for six months teaching:
Accommodation and food on site can be provided.
Best months to visit are July - January.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on this opportunity.
Medical and Social Services Volunteers
There are many areas of need in Vietnam, particularly in the medical and social services fields. Some hospitals welcome volunteer doctors and specialists to come for short intensive periods to offer free clinics and surgery to disadvantaged Vietnamese. Running training clinics and workshops for local doctors in specific areas of expertise are also possibilities. Social Workers are also a new area opening up in universities; lecturers and/or workshop trainers are also areas that welcome exposure to contemporary practice. If you would like to enquire further about using your specific area of expertise to support community development in Vietnam, please contact email@example.com.
Vietnam – Bright Solutions' Intern
There is an opportunity for someone to work alongside Fiona Briers with the Bright Solutions' women. This person would be involved in developing relationships with the women and supporting them in their journey toward new life. It is a great learning opportunity for someone who is open to where God might lead them globally. A two or three month placement is envisaged but the length and time of year are negotiable. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Australia – Bright Solutions' Distributor
Key to the Bright Solutions' Projects is empowering marginalised women by employing them to make products that are sold in Australia. Promoting these products in Australia is crucial in this process. The role of distributor would mean promoting the sale of Bright Solutions' products amongst churches, play groups, baby shops, fair trade shops and craft shops – anywhere you think there might be a market. We would love to see this happening all over Australia, but if you would rather take on just your state or region first that’s not a bad idea. Check out the full description here or contact email@example.com for further information.
Opportunities for Partnering with Associate Partners
Medical Santo is in urgent need of volunteer medical staff of all professions for short term working trips offering humanitarian medical aid in Luganville, Santo, Vanuato.
Click here for further details.
Teams Visiting Partners Overseas
Nowra Church of Christ
Ringwood Church of Christ
Papua New Guinea
Campbelltown Church of Christ
Elizabeth/Victor/Milang Churches of Christ
Armidale Church of Christ
Castlemaine Church of Christ
Partner Visit Team Resources
- Restoration of the Hurting (India)
- Hope in the Slums (Thailand)
- Experiencing Ho Chi Minh City with Bright Solutions (Vietnam)
- Changes to Child Protection Requirements.pdf229 KBPDF File
- GMP Child Protection Guidelines Pledge.pdf341 KBPDF File
- GMP Partner Visit Handbook 2015.pdf2.1 MBPDF File
- GMP Partner Visit Ministry Teams Policy.pdf281 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Expression of Interest - Teams.pdf299 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Expression of Interest - Volunteers.pdf364 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Form Waiver - team.pdf355 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Form Waiver - volunteers.pdf344 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Summary Sheet.pdf258 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Team Overview of Required Forms.pdf202 KBPDF File
- Partner Visit Team Pledge.pdf357 KBPDF File
- Urgent Doctor advert.pdf169 KBPDF File